Florida Opera Theatre will be holding auditions on Saturday, September 8, and Sunday, September 9, 2012, for its production of Gianni Schicchi, and for several chorus performances for Orlando Philharmonic productions. Auditions will be held at the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra’s office at 812 E. Rollins Street, Suite 300, Orlando, FL (LockhavenPark) between 1:00pm and 5:00pm both days.
Those auditioning for “Gianni Schicchi” should plan to sing one classical piece in English and one Aria in Italian. Please bring music for the accompanist in the correct key. Rehearsals for “Gianni Schicchi” will begin the week of Nov. 14-weekday evenings and weekends with 4 days off for Thanksgiving. Performances will be scheduled the weekends beginning November 30 and December 7. Exact time and day are unconfirmed.
In order to reserve an audition slot you must
1. Have a gmail account
3. Use a friend’s gmail account.
Now that you have access to a gmail, click on the link below, or paste it into your browser.
- Move the calendar to Sept. 8 or September 9 with the arrows in the upper left-hand portion of your desktop.
- Click on one of the open time slots (Blue slots are not available.)
- Read the information to be sure that is the time slot you want and then click on either “SAVE” or “CANCEL.”
- YOU MAY CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT AT ANY TIME BY OPENING YOUR OWN GMAIL ACCOUNT AND CLICKING ON “CALENDAR” IN THE BLACK BANNER ABOVE YOUR INBOX. THEN MOVE THE CALENDAR TO THE APPROPRIATE DATE AND CLICK ON THE APPOINTMENT YOU HAVE MADE. SELECT “CANCEL.
Please do not reserve more than one slot. If duplicates are found, one will arbitrarily be canceled.